Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Making Work for Later



There are so many amazing wallpapers out right now. I love the mix of traditional patterns in really modern colors and textures. But even though I love how it looks, it is going to take a lot to convince me that I actually want wallpaper of my own. I have removed more than my fair share of other people's wallpaper over the years. In fact, there have been times that I have sworn on my life I would never install wallpaper as long as I lived. It is just inevitable that at some point in the near future the paper will go out of fashion. So even while you are hanging it, in the back of your mind you are thinking that you have just created yourself the unenviable job of removing it.

Anyway, I think it might be worth the work later if I knew
my room would end up looking like this.....


and the perfect shade of paper to match my new
pale pink room would be this.....


(All images from Designers Guild)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind if I follow your blogs. If you do, let me know.
    We were talking tonight while watching HGTV that half the shows say, "Wallpaper is sooooooo chic now - everyone must have some" and the other half of the shows talk about how the wallpaper has to be ripped out as it is so outdated.
    My passion is fabric - I have an accent wall that needed a treatment but it was too rough to put up wall paper and I didn't want the permanence of wall paper, so I took off the moldings and door frames and stapled a decorator fabric to the wall - then put all the moldings back and we LOVE it. IT has that punch you want - but I can change it in less than half an hour if I change the colors of the house or a buyer doesn't like it...
    I'm very thrilled about your new home. I have to redo my kitchen sometime in the next 2 years and Brian HATES granite and tile counters so I'm not sure what I'm going to end up with.
    Let me know if you don't want me to look at your blogs - I'm starting a new one for Brian's family like charsroots, probably this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...