Sunday, October 4, 2009

White Furniture Style Cabinets


1. A work in progress




2. The furniture panels?





3. Counter Choices



So, let me give a few explanations.


1. I have always wanted white furniture style cabinets. Well, not always, but at least for the past seven or eight years. And although they sometimes have a very traditional feel, I think with the right mix of materials, they can also be very contemporary. The cabinets are now 3 months in the making, but I am hoping that in the long run they will be worth the wait.


2. This is the beginning of the furniture panels, or the "pretty part" of the cabinets. When the cabinet is complete there will be a baseboard piece on the bottom that finishes everything off.


3. After a VERY lengthy process, I have decided on light brown quartz for the perimeter cabinets, and outside island, and a beautiful white veined granite for the center island. I LOVE the look of Carrarra Marble, but with 3 kids the upkeep didn't seem too appealing. I hope the white granite will still have the clean fresh look of the marble, but without all the work.


I will post an update when the cabinets are more complete. And I am crossing my fingers that the granite guys will come measure tomorrow! At this point, countertops would be a dream come true.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...