Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Little Bit of Progress

I always think I take enough "before" photos, but somehow when I go back to look at the before and afters.....there are never enough befores.

Very frustrating.


008
Anywhoooo, we spent the weekend peeling.....


006
and scraping.....


011
and knocking stuff down.


storage
We removed this rediculous wall in the basement family room, (one of the places I didn't get a very good "before" pic). The previous owners had put in a wall right down the middle of the family room to build a "storage" room.


office
We tore out all the old built in cabinetry in the office area.


013
We are still having the paint the paneling/remove the paneling debate. Still not sure how that one will end up. And yes, the Rainbow Bridge will be coming down.


bath
And for some reason we spent alot of time staring at the basement bathroom. It's like looking at a horrible accident....you just can't look away.


vanity
My sister-in-law Jenny came over to check out the house and when we got to the bathroom on our tour she was like, "Oooohhhh, now I know why you bought this house". Yes it's true. For me, the uglier the better. The worse condition of your before the better your after will look. I think it's physics or something. Anyway, for the record, the bathroom has faux gold-leafing on the ceiling; faux-faux painted wallpaper; faux travertine countertop; and faux marble toilet. It is SWEET!


wallpaper fireplace
There is still more wallpaper scraping to be done.


bergamasque_wallpaper
(Image from Designer's Guild)
If you remember I did a whole post about how I love wallpaper, here, but don't want ever want to hang it because what goes up, will some day have to come down.

And for some reason, it always seems to be me who is the one assigned to take it down.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... So much work! You guys are doing a terrific job!

    Can't wait to see more pictures.

    Enjoy your day!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...